Search here

Friday, August 31, 2012

Crochet Acorn

Are you ready for the Autumn? Yeh, me too. In fact iv'e been ready since last autumn, I felt like we were cheated out of a winter last year and so I'm need need of some chilly weather. Don't forget to grab yourself some Boot Cuffs in preparation!

I love getting ready for the holiday season to start, even if that includes rotating all the boys clothes again and washing the blinds and windows! 

After seeing all the leaves starting to change on the mountains i decided i was in need of some autumn decorations! So i started with this ... 


An adorable little crochet acorn banner for my hutch. 

Need the acorn pattern?
I found it here and decided to tweak her directions by making the cup the acorn 'hat'. I followed the pattern and tied the acorn hats onto a chained line of crochet, really easy and simple. These little things didn't even need to be sewn into the cup, they just sit there {until little hands find them}
I love the autumn colours but i wanted to make this little banner a bit more fitting with my home decor! 
I used lion brands 100% Fishermans wool and cotton ease. I LOVE the wool.  




What decorations are you making this year?





2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! I'll have to make these! :-)
    -Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, they are super easy to whip up! Do you crochet?
      I didn't even finish the tops, you know when you close the top? i just stuffed them and popped those little 'hats' on!

      Delete