Search here

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Easy Cornflake Cake Recipe


These adorable easter cornflake cakes are my 'go to' easter activity with the boys. We made them as kids in England ALL the time and my boys love them as much as me and my siblings did. 

They are super fast and are also a great treat to share with friends and neighbors! 

Heres how you make them .. 



You will need 

* 6 cups of cornflakes
* one bag of milk chocolate chips
* one bag of mini eggs
* cup cake liners 
* muffin tin


1 -  Melt your chocolate chips in a large bowl. I put mine on for a minuet then take it out to stir then put it back in for another 50 seconds. 

2- Add your 6 cups of cornflakes to the chocolate and stir until covered. I like to add 4 cups first, get that covered in chocolate then add the rest in half cup intervals until i have all my cornflakes in and covered.


3. Put your cupcake liners in your pan then fill them with spoon fills of chocolate cornflakes

4 - Top each cake with 2 or 3 mini eggs and place the pan in the fridge to chill for about an hour or until hard. Most of the time i will just throw them in the freezer for 15 to 20 minuets.


Then your finished! display them for easter, gift them to friends, keep them as treats for the kiddos!



1 comment: