Search here

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Knitted Slouchy Beanie Free Pattern



Both my husband and i LOVE this hat. I made it for him but i love to wear it too! its a very easy and quick beginners hat pattern but looks wonderful! The 100% wool i used makes this hat super warm for the winter or a great accessory for summer nights. Why not start teaching yourself to knit this summer with this pattern! 

This is my first ever knitted pattern that I've written myself so i hope it makes sense! 


Slouchy knitted hat pattern.

Here i have used patins classic 100% wool roving
Working in the round on circular needles size US 11 ( my circulars needles are 16 inches long ) 

* cast on 56 sts
 ( this hat fits a big head nicely or a small head with a great slouch, if you want it smaller cast on in multiples of 2 )

* K2, P2 around. 

* Continue to K2, P2 until you have about 3 inches for your hat brim. 

* Make one. 

* K1, P1 all the way around, this is known as a seed stitch or a moss stitch. 

* continue to K1, P1 until you have the desired length which is around 12 - 13 inches from top to bottom. 

* cast off

* take a long piece of yarn and sew it in and out all around the rim of where you cast off. Pull tight and tie off tightly in a knot on the inside of the hat. 

Add a big pom pom if you wish! 


This is what it looks like on my head, my head is much smaller. 




6 comments:

  1. Hi Elisa! What a great hat! Just wondering, after the step to knit 3 inches of hat brim, it says `Make one.` What does this mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pattern...exactly what I was looking for :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! I am starting it tonight, same color and all! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I had a question on this pattern. I'm stuck on the make one part. Do I just add one extra stitch, or am I adding one stitch throughout the whole row? Hope that question makes sense! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I had a question. I'm stuck at the make one part. Am I just adding one stitch in the beginning of the row or am I adding a new stitch throughout the row? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! It just means to add one new stitch to that first row so that you have an even amount of stitches around the hat. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete